Happy Friday, Marlborough
During May 2022 there were 11,303 requests filled through the NHAIS ILL System by 238 separate libraries. That’s NH’s Inter Library Loan System in case you’re on acronym overload like me.
There were 197 libraries during May that filled 60% (or more) of all the requests they got. There were 39 libraries that received 100+ requests last month and they all filled at least 40% of what they got and most of them filled more than 80% of what they were asked for.
As was the case in April, nearly all of the filled requests last month (99.8%) were for books.
What was being requested?
Here are the top 10 titles for which requests were filled in May 2022:
- The Lincoln Highway by Amor Towles
- The Island of Sea Women by Lisa See
- The Night Watchman by Louise Erdrich
- Citizens Creek by Lalita Tademy
- The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek by Kim Michele Richardson
- The Forest of Vanishing Stars by Kristin Harmel
- There was a tie:
Margreete’s Harbor by Eleanor Lincoln Morse
The Lions of Fifth Avenue by Fiona Davis
- The Other Black Girl by Zakiya Dalila Harris
- The Thursday Murder Club by Richard Osman (#7 last month)
- Unsheltered by Barbara Kingsolver
Stop in and see try one of the above hot titles from our collection for your summer reading.
Congratulations to all the youngsters who are flying up or graduating and moving on. Don’t forget to pop in at the library for PLEASURE reading or to get a jumpstart on whatever your geeking these days. We’d LOVE to see you.
Be sure to take note of the Elizabeth Richards Concert Series dates in the Bulletin this month. 1st Concert Tuesday, June 28th at 6:30 pm (New Time) Shine Only! with 20th Century Pops.
Hope you got to enjoy the Memorial Day Observances courtesy of the local American Legion. Such a privilege to observe the cemetery service and march with Monadnock Lions in the parade this year.